The meds I got yesterday are kicking in and one of Santa’s helpers dropped off a little Christmas cheer earlier, so right at the moment I’m feeling pretty mellow. I guess I should have written this post earlier. I still have a couple grievances though:
1. Atheists. This is just another form of religious fanaticism. If you don’t believe in God that’s all groovy. But you don’t have to shove your non-beliefs down everybody else’s throats. You wanna impress me? Refuse to take Christmas off with pay. And BTW – YOU ARE NOT BEING OPPRESSED by baby Jeebus in a manger in front of City Hall. Get a fucking grip.
2. Web pages that force you to watch 30 seconds of ads before the page will load. Sorry, but I was outta there 27 seconds earlier.
3. Nutella. No, it’s NOT just like peanut butter.
4. Packaging rip-offs. Ever buy the “cheaper” package only to discover it was a smaller portion at a higher price? When did bacon start coming in 12 oz packages? Go over to the spice department in the supermarket. How much is the ground black pepper? How much is the same weight of black peppercorns? How much is the garlic powder? How much is the garlic powder in the ethnic food section?
5. Miracle Whip. No, it’s NOT just like mayonnaise.
6. “Shopping cards.” If I use it at the supermarket it’s supposed to give me discounts on gasoline (at participating stations). So I use it religiously all month, then discover I can get a discount of $.30 a gallon IF: I drive all the way across town to the only station that is participating AND I buy gas that is already $.20 per gallon more than the local “cash only” station near my home. Oh, yeah, I have to go today because it’s the last day of the month, it’s already 4 pm and I still have half a tank of gas.
7. Advertisements for prescription drugs. They are vague about what they treat and the disclaimers and side-effects take up more space than the ads. These are PRESCRIPTION DRUGS. Why are you telling me? Tell my doctor. More importantly, tell my insurance provider (if I have one).
Damn, now my mellow is all harshed. What pisses you off?
Filed under: Uncategorized