Something fishy

Scott Olsen, conscious and texting someone immediately after being injured


Ex-Marine hurt in Oakland protests out of hospital

Former U.S. Marine Scott Olsen, whose injury during clashes between Oakland police and protesters last month galvanized the Anti-Wall Street movement, has been released from the hospital, friends said on Friday.

“He is out of the hospital as of yesterday or today, thank goodness,” Adele Carpenter, 29, told Reuters.

Iraq Veterans Against the War spokeswoman Dottie Guy also confirmed Olsen’s release to Reuters.

Olsen is focused on healing right now, Carpenter told Reuters, but she added that “he is following the Occupy protests closely, as well as the vets march against police brutality today.”

“He sent words of affirmation to friends during the Oakland General Strike and has been excited to hear stories from people who could attend,” she said.

Occupy Oakland organizers say Olsen, 24, was hit in the head by a tear gas canister fired by police during a downtown Oakland confrontation on October 25. He was admitted to a local hospital in critical condition.

Acting Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan has opened an investigation into the circumstances surrounding Olsen’s injury but police and city have not said how they believe the Iraq veteran was injured.

More than two weeks later, Olsen was released from inpatient care in time to celebrate Veteran’s Day, Carpenter wrote in a blog post on a website for the group Veterans for Peace.

The Iraq veteran was “still struggling with speech, but is attempting conversations without having the writing instrument out,” on which he had been relying to communicate, Carpenter said in the blog post.

Is it just me or is there something fishy here?

We were originally told that Olsen was hovering at death’s door. The four days later on October 29th he was supposedly transferred to an undisclosed new hospital.

Now we are told he has been released.

During all this time there has not been one photograph of Olsen in the hospital. No interviews either.

He is following events closely but he doesn’t want anyone to see him?

What’s wrong with this picture?

This entry was posted in Occupy Wall Street, OWS. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Something fishy

  1. crawdad says:

    Never heard a whole lot about his condition and treatment either. Was there any surgery, or just stitches, sedation and observation?

  2. DeniseVB says:

    Street theater ?

    That is all 🙂

  3. DandyTiger says:

    He died and now he’s a zombie. True story.

  4. yttik says:

    The whole thing is weird. I still suspect he was hit by another protester’s thrown bottle or rock based on the video tape that shows no tear gas anywhere near him.

  5. HELENK says:

    here we go in Denver

    police oust owies and take down tents and use tear gas

  6. HELENK says:

    first time the owies have faced anyone who really let them know they are stupid

  7. HELENK says:

    Bulldozer runs through Occupy Salt Lake City camp; police arrest at least 4 – via #OccupySLC tweets

  8. foxyladi14 says:

    how to stop the rapes.
    Lop ‘em and leave ‘em. 😆

Comments are closed.