In her latest facebook post, titled “Let’s Talk About The Real Issues, Mr. President“, Gov. Sarah Palin pushes back at the Obama campaign’s attack ad against her as diversionary and absurd and says
I’m more than happy to accept the dubious honor of being Barack Obama’s “enemy of the week” if that includes the opportunity to debate him on the issues Americans are actually concerned about
“Just for starters” she lists a “few” of these issues (I added the numbering for easier reading):
1.a debt crisis that has us hurtling towards a Greek-style collapse,
2. entitlement programs going bankrupt,
3. a credit downgrade for the first time in our history,
4. a government takeover of the health care industry that makes care more expensive and puts a rationing panel of faceless bureaucrats between you and your doctor (aka a “death panel”),
5. $4 and $5 gas at the pump exacerbated by an anti-drilling agenda that rejects good paying energy sector jobs and makes us more dependent on dangerous foreign regimes,
6. a war in Afghanistan that seems unfocused and unending,
7. a global presidential apology tour that’s made us look feeble and ridiculous,
8. a housing market in the tank,
9. the longest streak of high unemployment since World War II,
private-sector job creators and industry strangled by burdensome regulations and an out-of-control Obama EPA,
10. an attack on the Constitutional protection of religious liberty,
an attack on private industry in right-to-work states,
11. crony capitalism run amok in an administration in bed with their favored cronies to the detriment of genuine free market capitalism,
12. green energy pay-to-play kickbacks to Obama campaign donors,
13. and a Justice Department still stonewalling on a bungled operation that armed violent Mexican drug lords and led to the deaths of hundreds of innocent people.
I think it’s a fair list. Which of these do you think should be focused on, or are there other important issues that were left out?
By the way, someone pointed out to me that there is now a facebook community called “Palin – Our Brokered Convention Selection” and it has a “like” from Sarah Palin. Hmm.