So this happened.
A couple of US Armed Services personnel and their friend were traveling through France when they stopped a terrorist who had opened fire on the train they were traveling on. The terrorist, a Moroccan man, was armed with an AK-47, nine loaded clips and 300 rounds, a hand gun, and a box cutter. Here’s how our heroes stopped him:
- Got trained by the finest military in the world.
- Stayed alert & vigilant while traveling, spotting the man as he emerged from the toilet with guns blazing.
- Refused to cower in the face of an attack by a whacked out “lone” jihadist hell-bent on murder, mayhem, and destruction.
- Tackled the dude without concern for self or death/injury, and beat him unconscious.
- Hog-tied his ass until the local authorities and other government response teams could take him into custody.
All in a days work for our military folks. Oh wait, they were on vacation. The American heroes have been identified as Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos (National Guard), and Spencer Stone (USAF). Stone was injured by the box cutter, but his injuries are described as minor. Two other people were also injured. No deaths have been reported.
The alleged terrorist, identified as Ayoub el-Qahzzani, has told police that he just wanted to conduct a robbery, but nine clips and 300 rounds tell another story.
How’s YOUR day going? This is an open thread.