. . . Donald Trump!
First of all, I didn’t watch the debate so my opinions are untainted by facts, policy discussions or direct personal observations. All of my opinions derive from what I have read about the debate from people who watched it. At least they said the watched it.
Half of them must be wrong because they disagree with the other half who said they watched it.
Anyhoo, I have read a lot of different reactions and discussed is with the voices in my head and we reached the following conclusions:
1. Trump won the debate because he didn’t lose.
2. Cruz came in second because he won the debate. He had by far the best performance and he held his own when he went mano a mano with The Donald.
3. Marco Rubio came in a distant third because he held his own against Cruz and Christie.
4. Everybody else lost and really should drop out before they embarrass themselves any worse.
5. The media are in the tank for the Democrats.
6. The media are either colluding ala Journolist or they are operating from a hive mind like the Borg:
Meanwhile, here is a picture neither the Democrats or the GOPe want you to see:
That picture was taken at the Trump rally in Pensacola the other night. As you can see, the place is pretty well packed. On a week night in Florida, where nobody else is campaigning yet. That was the rally with the girls singing and where Trump complained about the microphone.
Other candidates (including Hillary and Bernie Sanders) are holding rallies in high school gyms (and smaller venues) in Iowa and New Hampshire where they will be voting in just a couple more weeks. Bernie is the only one drawing any crowds, and his crowds are tiny compared to Trump’s. Trump is generating more enthusiasm than all the other candidates combined.
And he’s doing it all wrong, according the the experts.