The news today is that Obamacare repeal has gone down in flames. I blame the voters.
Here are a few incontrovertible facts:
1. Our healthcare system is FUBAR.
2. Obamacare made a bad situation worse.
3. Voters still want what Obama promised but didn’t deliver.
4. Voters want a healthcare system that is universal, high quality, efficient, as well as cheap or free.
5. Millions of people who voted for Obama already had healthcare insurance, they just thought it was too damn expensive. They thought Obamacare would lower their premiums.
6. The Left has already won the ideological battle because the voters have reached a consensus that the federal government should be in charge of healthcare. All that is left to argue is the best way for the government to provide quality healthcare.
7. Obamacare is here to stay.
Trump has very smartly distanced himself from the alleged reform effort. It’s not his plan and he hasn’t put forth much effort to pass it. The GOP Congress is calculating that they will pay a higher price for repealing Obamacare than if they do nothing. This has all been a big Kabuki circle-jerk.