You might think that feminists, especially the militant hairy-legged manhater types, would advocate that women buy guns and learn how to use them. To update the old saying, “God created men and women, but Samuel Colt made them equal.”
If you thought that, you would be wrong.
Here’s the rest of her thread:
Patriarchy wants us to believe that rape has always existed and always will. That rape is intrinsic to masculinity. This myth serves patriarchy by transferring all consequences of rape, including shame and blame, onto victims. Patriarchy stays unaccountable.
Rape culture is how patriarchy sustains the hegemonic myth that rape is a given, an unchangeable condition, of all human societies. So men never have to hold themselves or other men accountable. Rape is a women’s issue.
Rape serves patriarchy by keeping all women scared, ashamed, scrambling for a non-existent safety, and available to men on the most unequal of terms. Patriarchy tells women their best hope of survival lies in being chosen by powerful men who’ll protect them.
So many responses think it’s entirely reasonable to expect all women and children, regardless of age, health, disability, life conditions, to be armed and trained for combat 24/7, even in their own homes. But completely unreasonable to imagine and call for a world without rape.
So many responses ignore the reality that men rape their own daughters, granddaughters, nieces. Men rape their wives, in-laws, girlfriends, dates. Their sisters and cousins. Their colleagues and employees, their constituents and congregants. Men rape their domestic workers.
Should women have guns in bed with them, when they sleep with their partners? Should girls take guns to school to shoot rapist teachers? Should women take guns to church for rapist pastors? To work, for their colleagues and bosses? To family gatherings, for creepy relatives?
So many responses ignore the reality that women in militaries, armed and trained to kill, are still raped by their fellow soldiers. That military culture is rape culture on steroids.
All men are not rapists, but patriarchy wants to force us to live as if all men *are* rapists. If we treat men as human beings, then the blame’s on us if they harm us. What kind of mind says, of #UyineneMrwetyana’s terrible death, “if only she’d taken a gun to the post office?”
How patriarchy gaslights women.
2. “You should be armed and prepared to defend yourself against every man you encounter, including your own family members. If you relax for a moment, if you treat them like people instead of predators, it’s all your fault.”
I would like to live in a world without rape. I would also like to live in a world without murder, robbery, kidnapping, child abuse, and mosquitoes. Easier said than done, and until we find a way to change human nature, we need to protect ourselves.
A couple of points:
1. Most men are not rapists. Only a small percentage of men commit sexual assault. Other men despise rapists. Even in prison rapists have to be segregated from other prisoners to keep them from being beaten and killed.
2. People in the military are not allowed to be armed in their barracks.
3. Women should treat their bodies as a valuable commodity and protect them. Don’t put yourself or your valuables in situations where they cannot be protected. If you go flashing wads of cash in bad neighborhoods you might as well be asking to get robbed.
4. All Leftists are annoying, humorless nutjobs, but feminists are some of the worst Leftists.